We are pleased to announce that we have achieved some concrete provisions regarding our wages, hours, and working conditions during the continuity of learning plan resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some highlights of our recently settled Memorandum of Understanding include, but are not limited to:
- Flexibility around duty day for most employees, allowing them to spend no more than 4 hours of “front facing” time with colleagues and students, while protecting 4 hours of individual planning time.
- Workload relief for special educators.
- No loss of salary or benefits for all bargaining unit employees as a result of closures.
- $75 per day for emergency class coverage.
- Language related to technology and implementation through live and pre-recorded teaching options.
- Commitment that MCEA and MCPS will work collaboratively on a plan to reopen school.
These are just a few of the terms that have been negotiated. Click here for the full MOU.