BECOME AN MCEA REGIONAL ORGANIZER
Looking to be active in your Association, become a MCEA Regional Organizer! Please click here to apply.
Deadline: Friday, October 19th.
Regional Organizer (RO) Position Description
ROs are member leaders dedicated to working in MCEA’s distributed Leadership Network.
ROs will be trained, and provided with ongoing support, to work with both MCEA Head Representatives at work sites and an assigned MCEA Board member to help carry out the goals of the association:
- Attend regular meetings outside of school hours with Board members and head reps,
- Distribute MCEA information, campaign plans, training opportunities, etc.,
- Support effective work site Building Action Teams (BATs) through cluster trainings, work site coaching, etc.,
- Identify and support issue organizing within work sites and the assigned school cluster,
- Assist Head MCEA Representatives and BATs with basic contract questions, and
- Promote MCEA’s platform through a commitment to MCEA and its members.
- ROs are unpaid volunteers
- Be a self-starter/self-motivated to identify and complete necessary tasks to meet the position description and interests of MCEA,
- Be a problem solver through conflict resolution,
- Manage time well, prioritize tasks and maintain organization and documentation,
- Use adult learning theories to effectively coach and train MCEA representatives within their assigned region, collaboratively with other ROs in the region,
- Use/maintain digital communication through the Google framework for shared documentation and online organizing,
- Communicate effectively, in a variety of groupings (one-on-one, small groups, large groups), including colleagues you may not know, and,
- Communicate effectively in a variety of formats (email, in-person, etc.).
- ROs must apply for the program. If selected for an interview, candidates will be contacted by MCEA.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 19th.
Apply online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MCEAROAPP
Apply now for this great MCEA leadership opportunity!
For more information, contact MCEA (301) 294-6232